Guitar Journeys champions diverse traditions of guitar music from around the world, including classical, fingerstyle, jazz, bossa nova, and genre-defying contemporary compositions. Featuring the ancient music of 16th century lutenists, fresh compositions by today's living artists, and just about everything in between, Guitar Journeys is the Bay Area's portal into a spectacular universe of guitar music. Email email@example.com, and tune in Monday nights at 11pm.
Producer: Brian Dowdy
Hosts: Brian Dowdy, Theresa Calpotura, DJ Tuggy, and Teja Gerken
“Guitar Journeys” with Giacomo Fiore – September 6, 2010
Giacomo joined me Monday night to talk about his work with the guitar and play music from his upcoming concert program. Interview portions can be heard in between the musical selections listed below.
1. Fairwell to Stromness, by Peter Maxwell Davies (Giacomo Fiore, from the CD “Genteel”)
2. Selections from Hill Runes, by Peter Maxwell Davies (live)
3. “Flight of the Lovers through the Valley of Echoes,” from El Decameron Negro, by Leo Brouwer (live)
4. “The Leaning Lady,” from Scenes from Nek Chand, by Lou Harrison (David Tanenbaum)
5. “Passagaglia” and “Slow and Quiet,” from Nocturnal, by Benjamin Britten (live)
6. A Scot’s Tune, anonymous (Giacomo Fiore, from the CD “Genteel”)
at 5:39 AM